Loveland Senior Care: Professional Geriatric Care Management
What is Professional Geriatric Care Management?
Loveland Senior Care is founded on professional geriatric care management. Professional Geriatric Care Management is a holistic, client-centered approach to caring for older adults. Loveland SeniorCare provides personal, compassionate, one on one supervision. The goal is to improve the client’s quality of life and reduce family stress.
Care Managers assist in a variety of areas including:
- Housing – helping families evaluate appropriate level of residential options.
- Home care services – determine types of services that are right for the client, engage and monitor those services.
- Medical management – attend doctor appointments, facilitate communication between doctor, client, and family, and if appropriate, monitor client’s adherence to medical instructions.
- Communication – keep family members and professionals informed regarding the client’s well-being and changing needs.
- Social activities – providing the opportunities for our clients to engage in social, recreational, or cultural activities that enrich the quality of life.
Care Managers can also assist with:
- Legal – referring to or consulting with elder law attorney, providing expert opinion for courts in determining level of care
- Financial – may include reviewing or overseeing bill paying, consulting with accountant or client’s POA
- Entitlements – provide information on Federal and state entitlements, connect families to local programs
- Safety and security – monitor client at home, recommend technologies to add to security or safety, observe changes and potential risks
What are the benefits of using a Geriatric Care Manager?
- Accessibility – care is typically available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Continuity of care management – communications are coordinated between family members, doctors and other professionals, and service providers.
- Cost containment – inappropriate placements, duplication of services, and unnecessary hospitalizations are avoided .
Are the problems that you or your loved ones are facing becoming larger and more complex than you can comfortably manage?
Are other demands and responsibilities now so great that you are not able to provide the desired level of supervision and attention to your loved one’s problems?
Loveland Senior Care is a division of Alternatives for Seniors LLC